It's 3 p.m. and the box of Jr. Mints I spied in the vending machine were sounding all too tempting.  I struggled with my decision (Greek yogurt and berries.......rich dark chocolaty goodness with a refreshing cool minty center).

As my desire for a favorite movie theatre treat started to win, I reached into my purse to find some change.
I counted out a dollar (ridiculous, I know.... remember when fifty cents bought a late afternoon craving?).

Flipping a tarnished quarter between my fingers and having one last second thought (should I......?). I hold it close to my eyes to get a look at the year (1950).




Then I see it.

"In God We Trust."

When we're tarnished and worn out and life just doesn't seem to be on our side, we can take comfort and know that He - "In God We trust", is right there with us.

Working for us, on our behalf.

Praying for us.

Singing over us.

Even when we are feeling less than shiny.

That's the grace of "In God We Trust."



Our ancestors put their trust in you; they trusted you, and you saved them.
Psalms 22:4

Trust in God at all times, my people. Tell him all your troubles, for he is our refuge.
Psalms 62:8

It is dangerous to be concerned with what others think of you, but if you trust the Lord, you are safe.
Proverbs 29:25


Trust Him friends, and he'll remove the tarnish and we will shine yet again!



2 Comments

  1. What a beautiful analogy, Krista! We can trust our tarnished and worn hearts to God who has all things under control. He WILL make us shine. Thank you for this encouraging reminder! ❤︎

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Trudy! :)
      You're so sweet, thank you!
      (((HUGS)))

      Delete