Let's play, what's in your lunch box?

I'm very much a creature of habit. I don't typically order out and generally prefer to bring my own from home. For one, I've always been that way. Even in elementary school, I packed my lunch when the cool kids were buying extra slices of pizza on pizza day. I'm a planner and I like to know what's up next. There are days that I feel a bit bored with my brown bag and I'll opt to hit up Panera for a soup and salad or sometimes, the hubs will offer to grab us Chipolte because, who could turn down Chipolte?!

Since we've been on The 17 day diet, we've planned ahead for lunches and not just grabbed the leftover pizza or Chinese takeout from the night before. We've had to get creative and I've done a lot of planning and prepping. This all pays off. If you've got the fruits and veggies cut and portioned out, and your snacks pre-made and ready to grab, it really helps when you're rushing out the door in the morning (Bumstead style).

I've been eating a lot of salads with protein and a piece of fruit.

Today my lunch consisted of:

Steamed broccoli, seasoned with herb and garlic seasoning.

1 packet of herb and garlic flavored tuna (great flavor!)

1 medium golden delicious apple.

Lotsa water!

Also included in my lunchbox, was my morning and afternoon snacks:

Dannon Oikos Triple zero Greek yogurt in vanilla

10 red grapes (I dip them in the yogurt)

2 Tbsp roasted red pepper hummus

12 baby carrots

This is a C1 style lunch/snacks

Every other day, I do C2 and It looks similar but, Instead of fruit and yogurt, I might mix Fiber one cereal with my yogurt, or have a pumpkin apple oatmeal bar as a morning snack. For lunch I might grab a minute rice (brown rice) cup to have with my chicken and veggies.

So tell me, what's in YOUR lunchbox?





Leave a Reply