So much to catch you up on! :)
Wednesday was the BIG day and it was way bigger than I ever imagined. Friends of mine took care of decorating Steven's supply closet Tuesday night. When I came in they had balloons and streamers galore! It was amazing! I was told he was overcome and started to tear up when he saw it! I thought to myself, that's just the kind of guy he is....He would've been fine with just the recognition and decorations but, little did he know what was about to happen!
I invited everyone to show up at 8:20 to surprize him with his special treats and card (and to sing of course). Had we waited a few extra minutes, a serenade in the  mens room would've taken place. The acoustics would've been wonderful for us shower singers (I kid, I kid...)!

We all positioned ourselves outside of the area he was working in and  when he came out we burst into a boisterous "HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!!" he immediately looked down and started shaking his head. he looked up lifted his hands and began to praise God and say "Oh thank you Lord!" He wiped tears from his eyes and his cheeks turned red. As I looked around after we were done singing I saw many people wiping tears from their eyes as well. It was a moment that I just wanted to take in and remember forever.
I gave him the ginormous card and told him that we wanted to show how much we appreciate him. I thanked him for being a bright spot in each of our days. Then he gave a speech that was so sweet and humble.
First he gave thanks to his Lord and Savior Jesus Christ, then he went on to say how thankful he was for his job and the opportunity to work in our building. He said he was thankful for each one of us and that he loved all of us and I totally believe it. He looked completely astonished that we would do something so special for him. I think he now knows how much of an impact he's had on all of us.

1 Thessalonians 5:18 says be thankful in all circumstances. This is what God wants from you in your life in union with Christ Jesus. When I see Steven, I am constantly reminded of this verse.

Feeling very blessed this week to be a blessing to others.


One Comment

  1. Roger told me of this event after it happened and his description and made me wish I had been a part. When I read your description of the events that occured from your perspective, it touched my heart and moved me to tears with the pure love that pours from the page. What a Blessing and a beautiful reminder to be thankful in all circumstances! Roger can tell you what a challenge this concept has been for me lately! Thank you for the tangible reminder! ~ Tracee

    ReplyDelete