Good to the last drop...


   
It's eleven hours and fifteen minutes into the new year and who has already broken a resolution?

Guess what?, it's OK.    

I'm here to tell you that you aren't alone and that God's grace is all sufficient. Just like that coffee commercial, "it's good to the last drop"!

 Now, this isn't a "get out of jail free" card that allows you to continue doing that thing. You see, it's like what Paul says in Romans (I do not understand what I do. For what I want to do I do not do, but what I hate I do. Romans 7:15 NIV).

This morning, we slept a little later than normal as we were up ringing in the New Year from the comfort of our living room.  Upon waking, I really wanted some quiet time to reflect, pray and seek but, that didn't happen.

My son immediately popped up and was rearing to go.  Not many know he has ADD.  He usually gets his medicine before he wakes so that he can get himself up and ready without becoming extremely distracted and getting off track. So, on mornings like today, he gets lots and lots of reminders and I try not to lose my patience...

I don't like to raise my voice but, like Paul what I hate, I do.

I wanted to start this fresh new morning peacefully but, it didn't quite happen.

It's like learning to ride a bike my friends. When you fall off, you brush yourself off, get right back on, and start pedaling.

I realize that I'm going to have moments where I will need to raise my voice to command attention but, I'm also going to work on learning some other ways to be more effective at doing so.
Currently, I've been reading Max Lucado's new book "You'll Get Through This" and I talk to other mama's. Come to find out, I'm not alone in this battle!

I'm here to encourage you today. You're not alone. Whatever resolution you've already broken (even if you don't believe in making New Year's resolutions), It's OK. Just brush off the frustration, and start pedaling towards the prize.

Now, how about that cuppa Joe!

Happy New Year!

Linking up with Holley Gerth's Coffee for your heart at:
http://holleygerth.com/coffee-for-your-heart-love/

photo credit: <a href="http://www.flickr.com/photos/lng0004/7864852790/">Linh H. Nguyen</a> via <a href="http://photopin.com">photopin</a> <a href="http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-nd/2.0/">cc</a>                                


Leave a Reply