I started my journey to getting healthy and strong again 7 weeks ago.
I took a five day challenge and started feeling so much better that I didn't look back.

I'm not going to tell you it's been easy, and I'm not going to tell you that I haven't had times where I got off track and ate a little too much of a good thing. HELLO, my love language is chocolate!

Here's what I've discovered, if I get my meals and snacks planned out and prepackaged, I am less likely to skip them and over do later.

Like I said, I'm a lover of all things chocolate. I  hope there's an endless supply in heaven (no calories in heaven right?)!
I think what was  hindering me is, my mantra became "there's always room for dessert!"

Do you find yourself snacking when you're bored or stressed?  I never really paid too much attention until recently. Unfortunately, I noticed a pattern.

Just last night, I was helping my son with homework  (way past his bedtime). He was stressed, I was stressed  (math, need I say more? ).  I was pleasantly full from dinner but in my exasperation, I ran to the kitchen polished off the last corner (my favorite part ) of a brownie and helped myself to a few mini (because it feels like it's OK since they're practically micro sized) chocolate chips!  What I should've done, is chosen one of the two treats with a cup of tea or a tall glass of ice water. I'm learning though.

I've decided I'm not depriving myself. I don't want to set myself up to really fall off the plan. I might turn into the Tasmanian she devil and tear the kitchen apart looking for my precious chocolate!

I've been keeping a food journal and logging my calories on My Fitness pal.  It's been good for me to see how many calories are going in and how much water I'm guzzling. You can even track your exercise!

Have you ever started a health and fitness journey, or have you wanted to but, didn't know where to begin?

What have you had success with?

While we're at it, what do you do to curb emotional and stress induced mindless eating?

Leaving you with a little inspiration.


1 Corinthians 6:19 - Do you not know that your body is the temple (the very sanctuary) of the Holy Spirit who lives within you, Whom you have received (as a Gift) from God? You are not you own, You were bought with a price (purchased with a preciousness and paid for, made His own). So then, honor God and bring glory to Him in your body.

Your body is a temple. take care of it. Love it.

            Blessings,








photo credit: <a href="http://www.flickr.com/photos/55839512@N08/8601243343">March 29, 2013 at 08:04PM</a> via <a href="http://photopin.com">photopin</a> <a href="https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/2.0/">(license)</a>


Leave a Reply